If you want to bring over your family (spouse / partner and /or children) with Non-EU / -EEA / -Swiss nationality and they will stay more than 90 out of 180 days, they will need to apply for a residence permit. There are different options of residence permits depending on your situation.  

If your family will only visit you for a short term visit of less than 90 out of 180 days (approximately 3 out of six months) they will need to apply for a Schengen visa for the purpose of tourism at the Dutch embassy in the home country or the country where they are legally residing. If they need such a Schengen visa depends on their nationality. 

For more information about the residence permits check with the website of the Immigration and Naturalization services (IND).

Official Partners